Personal journal and online public diary

Monday 27 June 2016

Crossroad

There are so many decisions in life. The moment you open your eyes during the dawn (school days), you start to choose which outfit to wear, what food to eat, what we should do to motivate ourselves or hide our faces with our arms on the table to sleep in the class for the whole day, etc. It's currently our 3rd term holiday and my O'level Examination is in three solid months away from now (which is pretty rational to me). I think ahead a lot but most of the time, I neglect what I actually should be doing right now. For example, my Mathematics revision book collecting dust on my lap while I'm blogging right now.

I inherited the artistic genes from my parents, my dad as an architecture, my mom as a housewife but she was an expert in arts during her younger days when she was still in high school. I'm the youngest among my family and I'm TOTALLY different from my siblings who pursued their dreams overseas and looking forward to work in a bank or a hospital one day. Once, my parents encouraged me to work as an accountant, or at least get a stable job and have a perfect family later. I understand that all parents are concerned with their children's future and, I too believe one day my children will live a healthy and stable life, but my life is different.

I am born adventurous and I would consider myself as a dare-devil. I love trying out new things and exploring amazing wonders around the world. I love to conquer my fear and try out different cultures. I'm quite a rebel myself and seldom follow the rules and regulations. I love to make mistakes over and over again. My mom, especially hope that I can become an accountant one day (you know, the casual stable life). Work from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening, behind a desk, but I have a dream of my own. I want to follow my dad's footsteps, become an architecture, who might get rich out of the ordinary, or become drastically poor out of nowhere and work all day long. How extremely tiresome and stressful. However, I find this kind of life exciting (well for me, at least), because of the ups and downs in life, making it an interesting life to live, but there's the problem, I want to be a makeup artist as well.

Ever since I was young, I dreamt of working around with colours and brushes. Unlike most people who might want to work as a lawyer or a doctor. I have a fixed mindset since I was 9 years old, and been going around the bush for 8 years now.

But time doesn't wait for you or any of us, my decision was to either go to Taiwan after high school and pursue my dream as a makeup artist or stay to continue my architecture dream in college before heading west side of the Earth.

I am still struggling right now, but I'm thankful as because I'm sure of which field I'm going to be pursuing. Therefore, I encourage all of you to chase after your own dreams, as I strongly believe that it's better to do what you love to do than do what you can do.

Good luck and best wishes to both you and me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment