Personal journal and online public diary

Sunday 21 October 2018

5 things I've learnt from college

"If you think O'Levels is hard, try A'level", that's was what I heard before I apply for college. Due to family income and "siblings problem", I enrolled into a local college along with a group of friends as we finger-crossed to "coincidentally" be in the same class together.

Luckily enough, four of us out of 12 got into the same homeroom and same personal study block together. We sort of became closer together and share homeworks, clasworks,gossips, teacher notes, etc.

For me, I took Physics, Chemistry, General Paper and Mathematics, and these are what I learnt from the first month of college which no one ever told me before

1) Be friendly and social if you want to have more friends
The first week of class is probably the most embarrassing and tiresome week of my school life. I somehow went to every class and have absolute new friends at all.  I somehow always have a fight with myself in my own head to either randomly ask my seatmate a question or be the icy cold emo girl at the back. But I realize,  either I do it or forget it. It's okay to be weird the first time we talked to them, this is how you start a friendship anyway

2)Remember your new friends names and don't confuse with the class you guys had
A struggle for me as I was from a Chinese private school, and I mostly interact and hangout with Chinese. Being in a local college, there's a HUGE difference between Aisyah, Ayshah, Aryssa, Aryshah, Nur Aishah, Aiqah, Nuraikah, etc. I'm really really bad with remembering names and calling out wrong names, well.... it kinda gives a little conversation with me and my new friends so why not? But dealing with the awkward is real kind of embarrass when they all remember your name really well.

3)Finish your homework
Back in high school, I have the habit of brought back my classwork to become homework then hand it in again the other day. However in college, being able to finish your homework in one night is an absolute miracle, not to forget to self study because all your teachers spoke alien language in class.

4)You will get to know your new friends mostly from social media first
It's not weird anymore to follow your new friends in social media, it actually sort of bring your friendship closer together first. and trust me, when you guys were actively chatting the night away from the previous night, the next morning you guys will somehow feel a slight awkward before laughing off at the corridor.

5)It's okay to get lost in college
On the first day of college, I've been circling around the building for 15 minutes before I actually found my classroom and I still called my friends because I can't find them.

6) Chill and get a social life
it's really important to make more friends during college because they will always help you out in both your life and your studies, mix around with both genders group of friends and make memorable memories because they can make up shout and laugh the loudest and also the person that pissed you off in 1 second.


No comments:

Post a Comment